Lemongrass Marketing is a digital marketing and PR agency for travel brands in the world’s most beautiful destinations.
We help our clients become commercially successful by marrying up data-driven audience insights with creativity, to deliver maximum impact for clients. Many of our clients are at the beginning of their digital transformation journey, so we help guide them through this process – enabling them to become more customer-centric by breaking down siloes between PR, SEO, PPC, Paid and Organic Search.
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious Digital PR consultant to really make their mark and become a trusted advisor to our clients – who are a lovely bunch of people!
We have a strong, values-driven culture and are en route to becoming the UK’s first travel communications B-Corp, a community of companies that use the power of business as a force for good. Its aim is to create a sustainable, inclusive economy by reducing poverty and inequality, creating high-quality jobs and a healthier environment.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop a marketing communications plan including strategy, goals, budget and tactics
- Develop media relations strategy, proactively seeking high-level placements in print, broadcast and online media
- Coordinate all public relations activities
- Leverage existing media relationships and cultivate new contacts within business and industry media
- Manage media inquiries, press trips and interview requests
- Create content for press releases, byline articles, blog posts and keynote presentations
- Monitor, analyze and communicate PR results
- Drive opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships and advertising on an on-going basis.
- Build relationships with thought leaders to grow industry awareness
- Maintain a keen understanding of industry trends affecting clients and make appropriate recommendations regarding communication strategy surrounding them
- Contribute actively to agency’s social media channels, quarterly newsletter and blog
What You Have:
- Excellent contacts within the travel & lifestyle press
- A knack for what makes a good story
- An insatiable appetite to learn, spot trends and turn them into opportunities for clients
- Significant recent experience of PR, ideally within an agency and ideally within travel
- Media Relations – Conduct effective media calls & maintain and develop lasting relationships with media; have a good understanding of best practise approach to secure results for clients
- Client Handling – Ability to work as part of a team to manage client relationships effectively, in person, on the phone & via email.
- Writing – Demonstrate ability to research & write high-level & accurate copy – white papers, articles, comment, news releases, case studies, web copy, blog postings etc; excellent attention to detail;
- Experience of initiating, maximising & sustaining PR, Sales & Marketing plans with rigour & detail
- New business – Demonstrate willingness and eagerness to contribute to pitches from initial brief to submission & presentation
- Manage self & others – Excellent time management, ability to coordinate input of junior colleagues, willingness to ‘muck in’ when needed and participate in a wide range of tasks; able to delegate where necessary, ability to meet deadlines & ensure others meet deadlines, manage third parties. Also able to forecast workloads & ensure that results are met
- Able to adapt to a fast paced environment
- Show willingness to learn and develop within your role, taking on board constructive feedback and offering solutions to unforeseen problems or hurdles
Bonus points for:
- Understanding of Google Analytics, social listening tools and audience/trend insights/SEO tools such as Semrush, Global Web Index, Sysomos, Buzzsumo etc.
- Experience with paid advertising management and measurement tools, as well as a track record of success across social media; and the ability to integrate management and measurement across multiple channels and paid strategies.
Our values, which you will need to share in order to thrive at Lemongrass Marketing
- We adopt a can-do attitude – so we can help our clients to solve problems
- We are hungry to learn – so that our clients can rely on us to be the best we can be
- We are results driven – so our clients, our colleagues and the business can rely on us
- Everything we do is for the greater good – so we can make a positive impact for our clients, for Lemongrass and for wider society
- We are friendly, fair and firm
Please Note: These duties defined in this Job Description are not definitive and may be subject to future amendments following appropriate consultation.