Lemongrass Marketing is a digital marketing and PR agency for travel brands in the world’s most beautiful destinations.
We help our clients become commercially successful by marrying up data-driven audience insights with creativity, to deliver maximum impact for clients. Many of our clients are at the beginning of their digital transformation journey, so we help guide them through this process – enabling them to become more customer-centric by breaking down siloes between PR, SEO, PPC, Paid and Organic Search.
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious Digital PR consultant to really make their mark and become a trusted advisor to our clients – who are a lovely bunch of people!
We have a strong, values-driven culture and are en route to becoming the UK’s first travel communications B-Corp, a community of companies that use the power of business as a force for good. Its aim is to create a sustainable, inclusive economy by reducing poverty and inequality, creating high-quality jobs and a healthier environment.
What You’ll Do:
- Providing senior-level management and day-to-day direction of accounts, and acting as deputy for the M.D. when necessary.
- Providing intelligent and well thought through counsel to clients on all aspects of their communications campaigns, including crisis communications, managing expectations and satisfaction levels
- Planning communications activities across the team, ensuring timely completion of allocated tasks and projects, addressing any barriers or issues preventing completion. Accountable for resource and capacity planning across the team.
- Pro-actively managing and developing a portfolio of accounts from the initial opportunity, to securing the client and delivering an excellent service.
- Responsible for client servicing, planning and building long-term relationships with senior clients and other stakeholders
- Providing overarching strategic direction into campaigns.
- Demonstrating proactivity to clients by spotting new opportunities and making recommendations on additional work or projects and selling these into clients.
- Acting as the primary senior client contact across account portfolio, building lasting relationships for Lemongrass Marketing and being responsible for growth of accounts.
- Supporting Account Managers in problem shooting where necessary to achieve excellent results for clients.
- Maintaining the very best levels of client service and take responsibility for them including reporting, meetings and contract renewals and extensions
- Ensuring clients receive value for money, and that their business as well as PR objectives are kept at front of mind throughout all campaign work
- Ensure the efficient and profitable operation of your Account portfolio.
- P&L responsibility for your client portfolio. Review against Business/Revenue Forecasts/Plan and highlight any risks or opportunities to the M.D.
- Work with the other Account Directors/Senior Account Managers on capacity planning to direct the resources within the total team in order to achieve agreed fee and handling charge targets, maintain high levels of client satisfaction and develop the full potential of accounts.
- Regularly report to the MD on the progress of accounts.
- Ensure that all client services procedures are followed including monthly reporting and client meetings.
- To support the Directors on new business efforts: demonstrate initiative by generating own business development programs which will feed into the growth of the business.
- To grow existing clients, identify opportunities and sell those into clients across portfolio and sales, PR, marketing disciplines.
- Support the Company Culture wholeheartedly, role model our values, encouraging a positive and ambitious working environment.
- People Management responsibility for Account Managers providing coaching, leadership and motivation.
What You Have:
- Established senior contacts with the luxury, travel and lifestyle press
- Significant recent experience of Travel PR, within an agency or in house
- Media Relations – Conduct effective media calls and maintain and develop lasting relationships with media; can advise team on how best to approach media to secure results for clients
- Client Handling – Ability to lead and manage client relationships effectively, in person, on the phone and via email.
- Writing – Demonstrate ability to research and write high-level and accurate copy – white papers, articles, comment, news releases, case studies, web copy, blog postings etc; excellent attention to detail;
- Mentoring – Demonstrate ability to mentor and coach team members in their own career development.
- Experience of initiating, maximising and sustaining PR, Sales & Marketing plans with rigour and detail
- New business – Demonstrate ability to lead pitches from initial brief to submission & presentation
- Manage self and others – Excellent time management, ability to coordinate input of both junior and senior colleagues, willingness to ‘muck in’ when needed and participate in a wide range of tasks; able to delegate where necessary, ability to meet deadlines and ensure others meet deadlines, manage third parties. Also, able to forecast workloads and ensure that results are met
Our values, which you will need to share in order to thrive at Lemongrass Marketing
- We adopt a can-do attitude – so we can help our clients to solve problems
- We are hungry to learn – so that our clients can rely on us to be the best we can be
- We are results driven – so our clients, our colleagues and the business can rely on us
- Everything we do is for the greater good – so we can make a positive impact for our clients, for Lemongrass and for wider society
- We are friendly, fair and firm
Please Note: These duties defined in this Job Description are not definitive and may be subject to future amendments following appropriate consultation.