Lemongrass Marketing is one of the UK’s fastest growing strategic communications consultancies specialised in the travel sector. Our travel and hospitality consultants help hoteliers generate increased bookings year round by developing measurable campaigns that guide customers’ journeys for our hotel clients and deliver a clear return on investment.
We have a strong, values driven culture and are en route to becoming the UK’s first travel communications B-Corp, a community of companies that use the power of business as a force for good. Its aim is to create a sustainable, inclusive economy by reducing poverty and inequality, creating high-quality jobs and a healthier environment.
If you are hungry to learn, have a can-do attitude, are a friendly, fair and firm team player and are results driven we’d love to hear from you.
What you’ll do:
- To fulfil the duties of your role there may be times when you are expected to work outside of your usual working pattern, for example making yourself available to host regular client evening or weekend events, for which you will work flexibly and thrive offclient entertainment/educational opportunities.
- Be passionate about client servicing, planning and building long term relationships with clients, taking responsibility as the key client contact
- Execute and manage the full range of account work, ensuring that allocated tasks and projects are completed on time, addressing barriers or issues in a positive, solution focused manner
- To provide intelligent and well thought through counsel to clients on all aspects of their Sales and Marketing campaigns ensuring clients are happy with the work and service they receive
- Ensure that sales strategies are delivered through a commercial mind-set to maximise revenue opportunities for clients
- To independently develop strategic and focused Sales Plans with only minimal amends from the Director of Sales & Marketing
- Identify and deliver increased revenue for our clients in line with the sales plan
- Identify opportunities to leverage joint marketing campaigns to help create increased revenue opportunities for our clients
- Build robust relationships with key stakeholders such as tour operators, tourist board partners, travel agents, concierge services, airlines, and trade bodies with weekly scheduled sales calls on the road
- Proactively seek opportunities for our clients through intuitive and open questioning with trade partners
- Deliver training to travel agents, reservations teams and other key contacts and act as main point of contact for any questions or additional information needed
- Co-ordinate, organise and host familiarisation trips to our clients’ properties
- Proactively organise and host sales missions for your clients to key tour operators /agent partners
- Attend and organise meetings at UK & International trade shows to maximise opportunities for our clients
- Enthusiastically manage the day to day sales activity, trade support activity, including budgets and hours
- Maintain client database and document all sales activity (strong admin, attention to detail)
- Support Senior Management Team in planning the efficient and profitable operation of your Accounts
- Instil solid internal communication, proactively keep the Senior Management Team informed of all key occurrences on accounts
- Organise and lead Lemongrass Marketing events
- Manage and quality control junior team members’ account work (written & oral, client service, delivery on deadlines to quality etc) ensuring its delivery on time and in budget
- Proactively support the team in areas of additional skill set and knowledge such as social media knowledge
- Proactively identify new business opportunities for Lemongrass marketing and support senior management team on pitch process for new clients
What you have:
- Broad travel industry knowledge & at least 3-4 years’ experience within agency, GSO, on property or in-house with a tour operator, ideally in the luxury tourism sector
- Strong evidence of personal ability to initiate and develop relationships with clients and key stakeholders
- Strong time management & organisation skills with a proven ability to juggle and prioritise changing demands within a fast-paced environment
- Expert in both written and verbal communication
- A pro-active and conscientious self-starter, happy to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Results driven with strong evidence of turning ideas into plans
- Strong working knowledge of Excel and Powerpoint.
- Experience of leading on and implementing Sales and Marketing plans with rigour and detail
- A creative thinker
- Full driving license
- A keen willingness to travel overseas and throughout the UK and Ireland.
- UK work permit
Bonus points for:
- People Management experience
- Second language
- Understanding of Prezi or Canva software
- Sound understanding of creative Social Media engagement
Our values, which you will need to share in order to thrive at Lemongrass Marketing
- We adopt a can-do attitude – so we can help our clients to solve problems
- We are hungry to learn – so that our clients can rely on us to be the best we can be
- We are results driven – so our clients, our colleagues and the business can rely on us
- Everything we do is for the greater good – so we can make a positive impact for our clients, for Lemongrass and for wider society
- We are friendly, fair and firm
Please Note: These duties defined in this Job Description are not definitive and may be subject to future amendments following appropriate consultation.