Lemongrass Marketing is a communications, sales & digital agency for the luxury travel industry. We are a growing & ambitious company & place great value on excellent client service.
The Account Director is responsible for leading communications activities for the consultancy’s travel clients – providing intelligent and well thought through counsel to our clients. This role is to develop strategies & activities for clients & oversee their execution, quality controlling all aspects of the client’s programme & relationship with the business.
Report to: Senior Account Director & Managing Director
Direct Reports: Account Managers & Account Executives
Hours: Full-time, Monday to Friday – events & travel may take you outside of this
This role will initially be on a 12-month Fixed Term Contract basis with a chance of going permanent
Experience Required: Significant recent experience of Travel PR, within an agency or in house
**Details on how to apply for this role are at the bottom of this page**
I've been at Lemongrass Marketing for over a year & already I've been given a lot of opportunities. It's a fun place & amazing to be able to work with such passionate colleagues.
• Providing senior-level management & day-to-day direction of accounts & acting as deputy for the M.D. when necessary.
• Providing intelligent & well thought through counsel to clients on all aspects of their communications campaigns, including crisis communications, managing expectations & satisfaction levels
• Planning communications activities across the team, ensuring timely completion of allocated tasks & projects, addressing any barriers or issues preventing completion. Accountable for resource & capacity planning across the team.
• Pro-actively managing & developing a portfolio of accounts from the initial opportunity, to securing the client & delivering an excellent service.
• Responsible for client servicing, planning & building long-term relationships with senior clients & other stakeholders
• Providing overarching strategic direction into campaigns.
• Demonstrating proactivity to clients by spotting new opportunities & making recommendations on additional work or projects & selling these into clients.
• Acting as the primary senior client contact across account portfolio, building lasting relationships for Lemongrass Marketing & being responsible for growth of accounts.
• Supporting Account Managers in problem shooting where necessary to achieve excellent results for clients.
• Maintaining the very best levels of client service & take responsibility for them including reporting, meetings & contract renewals & extensions
• Ensuring clients receive value for money & that their business as well as PR objectives are kept at front of mind throughout all campaign work
• To support the Directors on new business efforts, demonstrate initiative by generating own business development programs which will feed into the growth of the business.
• To grow existing clients, identify opportunities and sell those into clients across portfolio & sales, PR, marketing disciplines.
• Ensure the efficient & profitable operation of your Account portfolio.
• P&L responsibility for your client portfolio. Review against Business/Revenue Forecasts/Plan & highlight any risks or opportunities to the M.D.
• Work with the other Account Directors/Senior Account Managers on capacity planning to direct the resources within the total team in order to achieve agreed fee & handling charge targets, maintain high levels of client satisfaction and develop the full potential of accounts.
• Regularly report to the MD on the progress of accounts.
• Ensure that all client services procedures are followed including monthly reporting & client meetings.
• Support the Company Culture wholeheartedly, role model our values, encouraging a positive & ambitious working environment.
• People Management responsibility for Account Managers providing coaching, leadership & motivation.
Skills & Experience
• Established senior contacts with the luxury, travel & lifestyle press
• Significant recent experience of Travel PR, within an agency or in house
• Media Relations – Conduct effective media calls and maintain & develop lasting relationships with media; can advise team on how best to approach media to secure results for clients
• Client Handling – Ability to lead & manage client relationships effectively, in person, on the phone & via email.
• Writing – Demonstrate ability to research and write high-level & accurate copy – white papers, articles, comment, news releases, case studies, web copy, blog postings etc; excellent attention to detail;
• Mentoring – Demonstrate ability to mentor & coach team members in their own career development.
• Experience of initiating, maximising & sustaining PR, Sales & Marketing plans with rigour & detail
• New business – Demonstrate ability to lead pitches from initial brief to submission & presentation
• Manage self and others – Excellent time management, ability to coordinate input of both junior and senior colleagues, willingness to ‘muck in’ when needed & participate in a wide range of tasks; able to delegate where necessary, ability to meet deadlines & ensure others meet deadlines, manage third parties. Also able to forecast workloads & ensure that results are met
Behaviours & attitudes
• Responsive, flexible and adaptable – Willing & able to take a lead to ensure team succeeds in fast-paced environment; able to effectively work across multiple projects & activities
• Positive – has a positive attitude & looks for solutions to problems or issues
• Intelligence – applies wider business knowledge & common sense to all situations
• Persistence – does not give up, gets problems solved, completes tasks
• Responsible – demonstrates to more junior staff how jobs should be conducted and is a shining example of how we want Lemongrass Marketing staff to be
• Proactive – self-starter, suggests solutions to problems or issues, able to self-motivate
• Demonstrating Team Spirit
• Demonstrating exemplary client Service
• Proud to do great work
• Wanting to learn & grow self and others
These duties defined in this Job Description are not definitive & may be subject to future amendments following appropriate consultation.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send your CV and an accompanying cover letter explaining why you think you’re a perfect fit for Lemongrass to the HR Team on (email@example.com) or fill out the form below: