Lemongrass Marketing is a consultancy specialising in PR sales & marketing services for the luxury tourism industry. We are a dynamic agency with ambitious growth plans & place great value on excellent client service and media relations.
Purpose: To maintain timely & accurate accounting records, to provide timely & reliable financial information & analysis to management and support achievement of business objectives.
Report to: Finance Director
Hours: 22.5 hours per week, schedule to be agreed with successful candidate.
**Details on how to apply for this role are at the bottom of this page**
Working at Lemongrass Marketing is a breath of fresh air! It's such a lovely team of professionals who are so passionate about their work, and who make coming to work an absolute pleasure.
Lemongrass currently has approximately 20 clients & raises circa 50 invoices monthly.
• Raise accurate & timely client fee & expense invoices in line with contractual terms. This is done twice monthly.
• Post receipts into QuickBooks. Liaising with the client to ensure accurate allocation of monies deposited.
• Monitor debtor balances, carry out credit control duties in a timely manner.
• Prepare a weekly debtor aging analysis & discuss with the Finance Director & Account Directors
• Reconcile the main operating account daily, investigating & following up on any reconciling items.
• Monitor cash flow status and ensure appropriate balances are maintained, transferring between bank accounts as required.
Staff Credit Cards & Expenses (typically 15 forms per month)
• Chase staff for missing expense claims & escalate any issues to Operations Manager within agreed timeframes.
• Post staff expenses into accounting system, ensuring accurate allocation to clients.
• Reconcile & monitor credit card holding account and individual credit card accounts on the balance sheet.
Accounts Payable (typically 30 invoices per month)
• Check invoices for accuracy, authorisation in line with company policy & allocation to clients.
• Post invoices, credit notes & payments into accounting system.
• Produce weekly payment run of verified invoices for approval by Finance Director, taking supplier discounts when advantageous for cash flow & ensuring supplier payment terms are met.
• Research & resolve problem accounts.
Payroll (approximately 21 staff)
• Pass monthly payroll information to external payroll provider (starters / leavers etc)
• Draft monthly payroll reconciliation (i.e. movement from previous months) for approval
• Pay net pay to agreed timeframes
• Print and distribute payslips & enter payroll information into accounting system.
• Ensure accurate/timely payment of payroll taxes, pension contributions & other deductions.
• Answer staff questions on payroll & benefits.
• Reconcile the payroll clearing accounts on the balance sheet.
• Produce & file accurate quarterly VAT return / EC Sales Listing & process payments as required in line with due dates.
• Produce a monthly sales analysis & reconcile to the contract matrix, thus ensuring all sales invoices have been correctly raised.
• Check for missing overhead invoices at month end & accrue accordingly.
• Maintain the fixed asset register and post monthly depreciation charge.
• Review the trial balance at month end, prior to being used in the management report.
• Reconcile all balance sheet accounts at month end.
• Maintain prompt, accurate & accessible filing of all supporting accounting documents.
• Produce other ad hoc financial information & perform other tasks as requested by the Operations Manager & Managing Director.
Core skills and attributes
• Solid understanding of accounting to trial balance level.
• Experienced in credit control and cash allocation.
• Organised, with meticulous attention to detail.
• Demonstrated ability to follow through on commitments & solve problems.
• Computer literacy, proficiency with accounting software, Microsoft Excel & Office.
• Communication skills: good listener, ability to give clear instructions & to escalate issues as needed.
• Willingness & ability to learn and grow to meet the changing requirements of the job.
• Working knowledge of QuickBooks online would be advantageous
**These duties defined in this Job Description are not definitive & may be subject to future amendments following appropriate consultation **
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send your CV and an accompanying cover letter explaining why you think you’re a perfect fit for the Lemongrass team to our HR Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the form below: