Lemongrass Marketing is one of the UK’s fastest growing strategic communications consultancies specialised in the travel sector. Our travel and hospitality consultants help hoteliers generate increased bookings year round by developing measurable campaigns that guide customers’ journeys for our hotel clients and deliver a clear return on investment.
We have a strong, values driven culture and are en route to becoming the UK’s first travel communications B-Corp, a community of companies that use the power of business as a force for good. Its aim is to create a sustainable, inclusive economy by reducing poverty and inequality, creating high-quality jobs and a healthier environment.
If you are hungry to learn, have a can-do attitude, are a friendly, fair and firm team player and are results driven we’d love to hear from you.
What you’ll do:
- Plan, co-ordinate and organise press functions and press trips on behalf of your clients
- Attend such functions and trips as required by Account Director
- Monitor relevant media/social media, industry association and intelligence reports to increase relationships and knowledge on behalf of clients and agency
- Conceive and implement creative ideas on behalf of your clients to generate media coverage and correctly “position” your clients in the minds of target consumers
- Oversee the forward features planning and pitching on behalf of client with the support of junior team
- Write press releases, copy and relevant blog posts as well as newsletter content on behalf of clients
- Proactively outreach to key media to maintain and develop senior editor contacts
- Organise and attend meetings with media and industry partners on behalf of clients and without input from Account Director
- Instruct and assist Account Executive(s) and team graduate intern where necessary and assist in their training and development
- Give input on creative strategy for clients including development of individual PR plans and quarterly objectives
- Oversee client reporting with junior team, ensuring the reports and press coverage is completed and dispatched in a timely manner
- Oversee client collateral material, photography and brochures maintaining sufficient supplies and ensuring that material is updated on a regular basis, including press kits
- Help and take on special projects such as third-party partnerships, media functions in London and regional press events / launches, etc, as dictated by the Account Director
- Assist with the production of client presentations and support team in the delivery of such presentations accordingly if required by Account Director
- Oversee the operation of an efficient filing system with the junior team
- Contribute actively to agency’s social media channels, quarterly newsletter and blog
- Attend internal meetings, events and training sessions as applicable
- Any other tasks as dictated by the senior tea
What you’ll have:
- Contacts within the luxury, travel & lifestyle press
- Significant recent experience of Travel PR, within an agency or in house
- Media Relations – Conduct effective media calls & maintain and develop lasting relationships with media; have a good understanding of best practise approach to secure results for clients
- Client Handling – Ability to work as part of a team to manage client relationships effectively, in person, on the phone & via email.
- Writing – Demonstrate ability to research & write high-level & accurate copy – white papers, articles, comment, news releases, case studies, web copy, blog postings etc; excellent attention to detail;
- Experience of initiating, maximising & sustaining PR, Sales & Marketing plans with rigour & detail
- New business – Demonstrate willingness and eagerness to contribute to pitches from initial brief to submission & presentation
- Manage self & others – Excellent time management, ability to coordinate input of junior colleagues, willingness to ‘muck in’ when needed and participate in a wide range of tasks; able to delegate where necessary, ability to meet deadlines & ensure others meet deadlines, manage third parties. Also able to forecast workloads & ensure that results are met
- Able to adapt to a fast paced environment
- Show willingness to learn and develop within your role, taking on board constructive feedback and offering solutions to unforeseen problems or hurdles.
Our values, which you will need to share in order to thrive at Lemongrass Marketing
- We adopt a can-do attitude – so we can help our clients to solve problems
- We are hungry to learn – so that our clients can rely on us to be the best we can be
- We are results driven – so our clients, our colleagues and the business can rely on us
- Everything we do is for the greater good – so we can make a positive impact for our clients, for Lemongrass and for wider society
- We are friendly, fair and firm
Please Note: These duties defined in this Job Description are not definitive and may be subject to future amendments following appropriate consultation.