Lemongrass Marketing is one of the UK’s fastest growing strategic communications consultancies specialised in the travel sector. Our travel and hospitality consultants help hoteliers generate increased bookings year round by developing measurable campaigns that guide customers’ journeys for our hotel clients and deliver a clear return on investment.
We have a strong, values driven culture and are en route to becoming the UK’s first travel communications B-Corp, a community of companies that use the power of business as a force for good. Its aim is to create a sustainable, inclusive economy by reducing poverty and inequality, creating high-quality jobs and a healthier environment.
If you are hungry to learn, have a can-do attitude, are a friendly, fair and firm team player and are results driven we’d love to hear from you.
What you’ll do:
- Support day-to-day media relations and publicity responsibilities
- Create engaging media campaigns, establish and maintain relationships with media, industry analysts and online influencers, and guide our clients’ messaging to resonate with these audiences
- Build long-term media relationships with editors
- Work effectively in a team environment and collaborate with all members of the team
- Engage with clients and agency partners on a regular basis to create innovative campaigns that help shine a positive light on the client and brand, in addition to reaching new audiences who are receptive to our clients’ products
- Amplify new or top-performing content across paid media channels; know which audiences to target – and when – to boost visibility and maximize ROI
- Engage in strategic media outreach, press material development, and event management, with a heavy focus on daily media outreach and pitch development
What you have:
- You will have a bachelor’s degree, and a minimum of one year of professional experience with an understanding of media relations and media monitoring tools. Additional qualifications include:
- Strong writing and outreach skills are necessary. Not afraid of the ‘cold call’ to establish new relationships
- A passion for securing placements for the client and building relationships with media and influencers
- Knowledge of social media and passion to create best in class campaigns
- Curiosity about changing media landscape
- Knowledge of the current and future social media universe including established and emerging channels (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram, Snapchat)
- Excellent communication, organizational and computer skills are a must, along with the ability meet deadlines, juggle multiple tasks, and handle fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, and media monitoring, tracking and reporting
- Understanding of Google Analytics
Bonus points for:
- Understanding of the technical aspects of online marketing channels such as web analytics, audience targeting, data feeds, pixel re-marketing, platform-specific ad formats, custom audiences, URL tracking codes, etc. is necessary.
- Experience with paid advertising management and measurement tools, as well as a track record of success across social media,; and the ability to integrate management and measurement across multiple channels and paid strategies
- Understanding of digital and social media buying landscape and trends
- Ability to prepare cost estimates and channel-specific targeting recommendations for campaigns and work with clients to secure budgets most appropriate for their paid media requirements.
Our values, which you will need to share in order to thrive at Lemongrass Marketing
- We adopt a can-do attitude – so we can help our clients to solve problems
- We are hungry to learn – so that our clients can rely on us to be the best we can be
- We are results driven – so our clients, our colleagues and the business can rely on us
- Everything we do is for the greater good – so we can make a positive impact for our clients, for Lemongrass and for wider society
- We are friendly, fair and firm
Please Note: These duties defined in this Job Description are not definitive and may be subject to future amendments following appropriate consultation.